[MPlayer-users] Flipping the picture

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Fri Feb 14 11:28:23 CET 2003

Hi,

I occasionally want to show movies with a projector that somewhat
awkwardly needs to be placed too high up on the wall.  I can tilt it
down adequately with a few books or similar and use extreme keystone
correction to get the picutre right, but I thought I'd use -flip and
simply turn the projector upside down.

It seems to work okay, but any experiences with this?  Will it impact
performance?  Severely?

I'd also like to use a pull down screen, so that I can adjust the size
of the screen to the size of the image -- from 2.35:1, all the way
down (or 'up' if you prefer) to 4:3.  In order to avoid unused screen
real estate, I'd like the picture to be placed at the very top,
regardless of its aspect ratio.

Here's the problem: I've tried experimenting with -geometry, but it
doesn't seem to have any effect at all, neither for full screen or
otherwise. Any hints?

(Using the xv driver, nvidia card, and mplayer 0.90rc3 or
thereabouts.)

-kzm