[MPlayer-users] DVD time messes up subtitle

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Thu Feb 13 22:04:29 CET 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:20:49PM +0100, Michael Lehmeier wrote:

> I noticed that with at least one of my DVDs resets the time (displayed
> with the o-button) to 00:00:00 after one hour and six minutes.
> This would not be a problem if it wouldn't restart the subtitles that I
> had such a hard time creating in the middle of the movie.

Hmmm, I had a DVD that resetted the time in the middle. It played
without any problems (but this was about a half year ago. I dunno
about current versions.) How did you play it?

> Originally I created SVCD subtitles but mplayer can't display them
> (yet?).

How did you create them? What format did you use? A while ago, Arpi
wrote that the SVCD subtitle format is not documented. This is the
reason why mplayer can't handle SVCD subtitles. I searched for some
information on that topic, but could not find anything either. So if
you have informations, please share. :)

--
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --