[MPlayer-users] encoding a DVD ripped from win ?

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Wed Feb 12 19:27:49 CET 2003

Hello.

I'm trying to encode a dvd ripped from win by a friend. He gave me just
those files:
vts_02.d2v
vts_02.idx
vts_02.lst
vts_02_0.ifo
vts_02_1.vob
vts_02_2.vob
vts_02_3.vob
vts_02_4.vob
vts_02_5.vob
vts_02_6.vob
vts_02_INFO.txt

I tried "-dvd 1 -dvd-device ./" (after moving all the files in video_ts
directory), but all I got is:
Playing DVD title 1
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Can't open VMG info!

Since it's _02_* I tried -dvd 2 too, but same result :-( (Obviously I
tried linking vts_02_0.ifo to video_ts.ifo , too)
The vobs are decrypted (I can play 'em one at a time w/ mplayer), and I
know I can "cat *.vob | mencoder" ... But is there a way to play that
dir as the original dvd? I fear that the "cat" method could give
problems (clicks or skipped/duplicated frames) when jumping from a file
to another... Am I paranoid ? :-) I'm trying it just now, but it takes a
lot of time :-(

Tks.

BYtE,
 Diego.