[MPlayer-users] Re: mpeg->divx 3-pass conversion- Aspect ratio?

Michael Halcrow mah69 at email.byu.edu
Wed Feb 12 15:18:33 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 12:32, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I have a script I wrote to convert mpeg to divx using 3 pass conversion. I'm
> > having a "problem" though. Some mpegs will keep the aspect ratio fine and
> > some seem to "loose" it in the conversion. I've tried -aspect 1.33:1 and -vop
> > scale=1.33:1 and both exit out with an error. I'm stumped as to what to try
>
> Try -vop scale -zoom

Have you taken a look at my dvd2divxscrip.pl/calcbpp.pl patch yet? It
takes care of the scaling and aspect ratio issues nicely.

Mike

--
Michael Halcrow                          | mhalcrow at byu.edu
Research Assistant, Network Security Lab | Dept. of Comp. Science
                                         | Brigham Young University
"A jury consists of twelve persons       |
chosen to decide who has the better      |
lawyer."                                 |
  - Robert Frost                         |
GnuPG Keyprint:  05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D