[MPlayer-users] mencoder a-v sync and DVDs (again)

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Feb 12 07:44:01 CET 2003

On 03.02.11 Arpi pressed the following keys:

> is this the same problem as with mplayer before, that constant 200-300ms
> (sometimes random, change per chapter) delay?
> i thought the demuxer fix solved it for both mplayer and mencoder...

Nom this is really a problem with DVD mastering. Audio and Video almost
never start at the same time, the difference is what was reported by our
vstrip test some months before.

It is totally independent from the 200-300ms delay you've already
handled. I mean, back when mplayer didn't solve this huge (~250ms) delay
properly, mencoder showed only this <80ms difference which I handled
with ogmmerge when muxing OGM. ogmmerge can quite preciselly cut/pad
with silence AC3, Vorbis, PCM and MP3 sound.

This difference AFAIR is rougly difference between PTS of first audio
and video frame.

Robert

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35