[MPlayer-users] difference between -lameopts vbr=0 and cbr;

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 11 21:20:02 CET 2003

Hi,

> There's something I don't understand from the mencoder man page.
>
>                  vbr=<0-4>           variable bitrate method
>                                         0: cbr
>                                         1: mt
>                                         2: rh(default)
>                                         3: abr
>                                         4: mtrh
>
>                  abr                 average bitrate
>
>                  cbr                 constant bitrate.
>                                      Forces also CBR mode  encod.
>                                      ing  on  subsequent ABR pre.
>                                      sets modes
>
> Does vbr=0 ("variable bitrate method 0") mean constant bitrate?

yes

> Does vbr=3 mean the same as abr?

yes

cbr is just an 'alias' for vbr=0  (easier to remember)
and abr to vbr=3

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino