[MPlayer-users] Decoding TV

Santiago Muelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Tue Feb 11 16:15:59 CET 2003

Hi,
I'm using mplayer/mencoder to look and record films from TV. Althought the final quality is not outstanding, it is acceptable. The biggest problem being some "indefinitions" and "mouvements" with colors, but it can be somewhat arranged trough the use of noise chroma filter.
Now the question is related to recording from some scrambled channels, as Canal+ in Spain. Using "taztv" I am able to see this channel very well with good sound and nice image. Anyone knows if this is possible (or will be) with MPlayer? The other point related to this one is, Anyone knows how to record with mencoder the signal created by "taztv"?
Any hint will be welcome. Thanks

--
Santiago Muelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)