[MPlayer-users] mencoder a-v sync and DVDs (again)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Feb 11 06:52:15 CET 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 06:34:56PM -0800, Corey Hickey wrote:
> I don't mean to sound like I'm nagging, but could anybody (Arpi?) tell
> me if there are any plans for looking at the DVD encoding audio sync
> bug, as reported by myself and christopher j bottaro? That's the only
> thing that's stopping me from encoding my DVDs right now, as everything
> else I do with 0_90 CVS works flawlessly and awesomely.
>
> My first bugreport is available here:
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq/hu/MPlayer/incoming/avsync
> http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/report1/
>
> ..and my second is at:
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq/hu/MPlayer/incoming/avsync
> http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/report2/
>
> I'd really appreciate it if somebody could tell me what's going on.

IMO this is a really serious bug that should be addressed before 0.90
final! The main purpose of mencoder is probably ripping dvds, and if
it can't do that properly, it's quite broken... :(

I'll try to do some testing soon, but right now I don't have a working
box with dvd drive. So if someone else could check into this it would
be very good!

Rich