[MPlayer-users] Re: RH8: Can't Use VESA, Even As Root

Jaanek Oja jaanek at aqris.com
Mon Feb 10 17:10:39 CET 2003

Hi,

I had the same problem with my mandrake 9.0 using the vesa output as
Xavier described in his posts.
I could finally run mplayer using vesa output after I had downgraded my
glibc-2.2.5 -> glibc-2.2.4 .

I have one problem through, I couldn't get my tv-out working with ATI
Rage 128 card. I plugged the cable into TV after booting the system.
Isn't it so that the ati card has to be switched manually using the
atitvout tool? I cannot use that tool as test.sh fails for all tests as
it seems to me. I cannot switch also to PAL system using that tool (I
assume it's needed)? It nevertheless shows some not easily identified
figures on my TV as I put the TV to auto search the channels but the
auto search skipps it.
Have to figure it out what I'm doing wrong with TV output. Is there
tools/a way to detect the tv-out is supposed to work but the problem
lies in cable or card setting?

\Jaanek