[MPlayer-users] Makefile broken in rc4

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 10 15:02:54 CET 2003

Hi,

> > rc4 still have DOCS/mplayer.1
>
> Urgh, I remember your email announcing this. This should go to the
> download webpage asap or all users will start complaining about the
> unstable main tree.

agree, but i'm not webpage/doc maintainer
(and no longer code maintainer, but it's another story)

> BTW: I'm missing some more detailed info about the differences
> between the two branches. Is this a feature freeze for 0.90 and
> "normal" development will continue in main, or is main no longer
> suitable for users and more an experimental playground? In short:
> shall users still test and report problems in main?

0_90 is feature freezeed, only critical bugfixes and docs updates
will go there. it will be used for the 0.90 release(s).

'main' is the 'mainstream' development tree, as usual.
it may be unstable for a while (few weeks?) now due to many patches
commited, tree reorganization (dirs moved/renamed/replaced) and
lots of obsolete code removal but should stabilize soon.
this tree will be the 1.0 (or whatever version they choose) later.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino