[MPlayer-users] Adding permanent subtitle with mplayer ?

Kjetil Byklum kbyklum at itsopen.no
Mon Feb 10 10:06:25 CET 2003

Hi !

I have been trying to add a permanent subtitle to a videofile by use of
mplayer (mux video and subtitle). Playing audio+video+subtitles with mplayer
works ok, so I had hoped that it would be possible to dump this result
into one file.

The problem is that both the audio and the subtitle disappeares from the
result of my mux trial :-(.

Any ideas how this can be done ..?

This is the mplayer command I used for muxing video,audio and subtitle :
-dumpstream -dumpfile <muxed-file>

Thanks.

/Kjetil