[MPlayer-users] rc3 compiling issues

Rob Berquist rberquist at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 9 07:05:58 CET 2003

Corey Hickey wrote:

> Rob Berquist wrote:
>
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
>> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> I've been using mplayer for a while now, so I know this isn't a
>> configuration error. I foudn this error when I was encoding American
>> Beauty. It always "finished" after chapter 18.I opened it to view.
>>
>> When I get to chapter 19, the display becomes a mess. The console
>> scrolls "encrypted stream but authentication was not requested by
>> you" constantly. I've cleaned the DVD and the player. This is the
>> only DVD I have this problem with, and it's always at chapter 19.
>>
>> I'm running Evil Entity Linux 0.2.5. Mplayer 0.90pre5-3.1. Kernel
>> 2.4.20. Enlightenment.
>>

> 1. Upgrade your mplayer to either 0.90rc3 or the latest CVS (better).
>
> 2. If you still have the problem, post a log of
> $ mplayer -v -dvd 1 -chapter 19
> (if that command reproduces the problem). You can hit ctrl-c after the
> errors start scrolling.
>
> -Corey

OK, trying to compile rc3. During make, it pukes out an error. I have
gcc 3.1. Here's the error.

Warning: size of symbol 'ospeed' changed from 4 to 2 in /lib/libncurses.so.5
libvo/libvo.a(font_load_ft.o):In function 'read_font_desc_ft':
font_load_ft.o(.text+0x1889): undefined reference to 'FT_Get_First_Char'
font_load_ft.o(.text+0x18c2): undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Next_Char'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1