[MPlayer-users] RE: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 56

Francisco J. León espectro at inbox.lv
Sun Feb 9 02:24:54 CET 2003

> 1. The "VO: Comment: Requires ROOT privileges" is apparently
> for information only,

I don't even get that line. I just get "killed"
I use gentoo, frequently updated

> 2. I gave fbdev a try, but without success.

Svgalib works with mplayer as long as you use svgalib 1.9.x (at least on
my nvidia)
Also, i just tried directfb. Works great!

> [?25lvo_vesa: Found VESA VBE BIOS Version 2.0 Revision: 100

Again, i just get "killed". You are so much closer than i am

> (II) R128(0): VESA BIOS detected

I tried to load that module, and i get bunch of unresolved xf86
symbols...