[MPlayer-users] mencoder and fps and frame

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Sat Feb 8 20:33:14 CET 2003

Hi!

IMHO this is because tv grabbing is started than stuff is initialized,
and then encoding is started and than timer for fps calculation is started->
so mencoder already has a few frames to encode at 0 secs. But I never
looked at the code, so this could be all wrong.

> > 1. I set 25 fps but for the first 10/15 seconds the fps are less
> >    (22-23-24). Then (after 10/15 sec.) the fps are 25. Why?
>
> I have this too :(

bye
Denes

ps: if what I described is close to reality at all, it would be a nice feature
if frame grabbing started last - sometimes my pc can just about keep up with
encoding and that few extra frames make it drop frames later.