[MPlayer-users] A-V Sync problem when concatenating avi files

Lars Christensen larsch at softhome.net
Sat Feb 8 19:27:41 CET 2003

Hi,

I have a number of short avi mjpeg files that I have created from jpegs
and a wav files using mencoder. Now I want to create one long movie from
them that I can encode using mencoder.

I did this:

cat *.avi > newavi.avi
mencoder -forceindex -ovc copy -oac copy newavi.avi newavi2.avi

The newavi2.avi plays nicely, but the sound goes out of sync after the
first clip has been played. The sound from each clip is increasingly
delayed as the newavi2.avi. I am pretty sure that it is caused by the
original wav files: They are 0-5 seconds longer than needed to fit with
the movie clip.

This behaviour is probably a feature of -forceidx, but does anyone have
suggestions on how to work around it? (And I cant just cut the original
wav files, because i dont know where to cut them. They are between 0 and
5 seconds longer than needed).

Thanks.

--
Lars Christensen