[MPlayer-users] running mplayer as background process ? ENGLISH

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Fri Feb 7 20:38:06 CET 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 05:22 pm, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> I can't tell who wrote what in this email, the quoting appears to be
> messed up... Anyway, ...

ok, I'll clear this up. I have a "mediabox" connected to my stereo for
listening to mp3's, watching/listening to live internet streams, etc. I have
mplayer setup on it and would like to be able to run

mplayer
"http://www.live365.com/play/293353?membername=&session=kxlu1%3A0&SaneID=24.195.6.180-1039828265927&lid=511-usa"

in the background. Actually, I have a script, that will automatically restart
if it exits for some reason(stream is lost or whatever) and I'd like to have
this script run in the background. This way I can ssh in, run the script and
logout and still have the script run. I'm using a Hollywood+ so I don't need
X stuff(ie. i don't create a video window, its all output to my tv through my
H+) just the command line interface.

Thanks!

--Steven Adeff