[MPlayer-users] Tons of incoming overnet clients

Fabrice DELENTE fabrice.delente at free.fr
Fri Feb 7 10:17:49 CET 2003

Hello all.

I have a problem (or maybe it's normal behaviour, but I would call it a
problem) with overnet.

I have lots of incoming overnet clients, and that generates a whole big lot
of i/o activity; that makes my computer very slow, as each program that
accesses the hard disk must share its i/o bandwidth with mldonkey.

This happens with the 2.02-6 unstable version; I heard that in 2.02-9 it was
possible to disable overnet, so I downloaded, compiled and started it; I set
enable_overnet to false, killed the core and restarted; but I still see the
overnet clients incoming.

Is all this normal? If this does anybody know the cure?

Thanks.
See you.

--
Fabrice DELENTE