[MPlayer-users] subtitles format with mplayer?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Feb 6 18:03:52 CET 2003

On Thursday, 06 February 2003, massi wrote:
[...]
> >I forgot to add that the font file was also needed. my bad!
> >

> >One other thing to ask, was Mplayer compiled or are you using a RPM
> >version?
> >
> Yeah, I used an rpm but I can't remember the exact version and I can't
> check now (now I'm at the job)....
>
> Some ideas? ;-(

Yes. Install one of the mplayer-font packages or put any freetype-supported
font as ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf. This is a known issue (maybe I should
document it on my site). Current MPlayer RPMs don't require the font
packages anymore. Next release (rc4) will include a free ISO8859-1/2 Type1
font.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/