[MPlayer-users] Mplayer BUG Athlon

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Thu Feb 6 09:41:22 CET 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 00:38, Marc-Tell Volkmann wrote:
> since I have changed to a new mainboard (K7S5A) + ATHLON XP2200+ CPU I
> can't start mplayer anymore.
hmm, i have athlon xp 1800+ with the latest core afaik the same as 2200+, but
no problems here.

> I have it compiled with mmx,3dnow,... without mmx,...
i compiled with what ever mplayer's configure detected, those seemed good.

> RedHat8.0
lfs-cvs kinda over here.
> Kernel: 2.4.20
2.4.21-pre4
> libc-2.2.93
2.3.1
> XFree86 Version 4.2.0
4.2.99.x
> gcc version 3.2
3.2.1
> GNU ld version 2.13.90.0.2
binutils 2.13.2, don't upgrade to 2.13.2.1, that's dead buggy.
> CPU:
above..

i'd recommend you to upgrade your compiling facilities, perhaps even stop
using redhat :)

-rzei