[MPlayer-users] Command for stepping frame by frame

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 5 23:01:31 CET 2003

Hi,

> > I tried a short hack to mplayer, to alter the 'playback_speed' setting
> > while the movie is playing. It worked fine, except that audio speed is
> > not adjusted, and the A/V sync is lost. That's a big 'except'! I'm not
> > well up on the code that handles the audio (timers, etc?), but perhaps
> > someone else has the know-how about how to get the audio re-synced after
> > the playback_speed returns to 1, or how to keep it synced while the
> > playback_speed is > 1.
>
> I thought the "-speed" option was made to do this... (?)

yes -speed if for this
but playback_speed is not supposed to change after playback startedm, as
it's used to initialize audio playback (speed) too.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino