[MPlayer-users] problems after rh8.0 upgrade

Brian Craft bcboy at thecraftstudio.com
Wed Feb 5 19:54:11 CET 2003

I just moved from rh7.1 to 8.0, and mplayer performance went through the floor.
I'm getting video noise across the right half of the screen, and the system is
struggling to keep up. Previously it had no problems at all.

I'm running the same mplayer binary. Both cases use kernel 2.4.18, though the
patch sets from redhat might be different. XFree has changed from 4.1.0 to
4.2.0. I've checked hdparm settings and mtrr.

Any ideas?

b.c.