[MPlayer-users] fast audio playing DVD-R

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Feb 5 17:06:43 CET 2003

Andrew J. Yeckel wrote:
> When playing commercial DVDs using mplayer, everything seems to work
> fine, however when playing a particular DVD-R (transfered home movies),
> the audio plays much faster than the video.  When I play the DVD-R on my
> Apex DVD player, the audio and video are in sync.  Any suggestions as to
> how to get the audio and video to play in sync using mplayer?
>
> I'm running mplayer 0.90rc2-2.95.4, from marillat.free.fr on debian woody
> with the Linux 2.4.20 kernel.
>
> Thanks,
> 	Andy

1. Debs from marrilat.free.fr aren't supported (the developers have some
issues with them).

2. Rc2 is very old.

...so, you should download the source of 0.90rc3 or (even better) CVS,
compile it yourself, then mail back if you still have problems. When you
do, follow the instructions in DOCS/bugreports.html

Also note that it's really easy to build your own custom debs from the
source.

$ export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="(insert whatever arguments you want to pass
to ./configure)"
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

If you screw up/ want to change your options/ whatever, use
$ fakeroot debian/rules clean

-Corey