[MPlayer-users] libdvdplay 1.0.0 released

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Tue Feb 4 11:55:00 CET 2003

>Why not ask your friend if WMP can seek in an AVI? Half the time it
>can't, which is really sad. A/V sync breaks or audio stops playing
>entirely or it crashes. :P

Maybe on your system it can't!

I use windows 2000, the appropriate codec set and WMP 6.4. It has NEVER
failed to seek an AVI, even i slow machines as my AMD K6-2 450.

I dont use Ogle because they don't support dxr3.
So I'm stuck with no menus for my DVD's :(

Arpi has explained more then once that the problem is a design issue
inerent to mplayer and it will not be easily solved.
I understand that.

But, Arpi, if we use a commandline like 'mplayer -alang en -slang pt
-dvdnav'
to choose from the start the proper audio/subtitle combination, would it
be still possible to watch the menus and the associated titles/chapters ?

Or are the still images and menu highlighting such a big problem?

I absolutely love mplayer!!! Really!

Keep up!