[MPlayer-users] mencoder question

Tyler Geddes tgeddes at wgeddes.com
Mon Feb 3 22:10:04 CET 2003

Kino is too clunky to efficiently edit video. I use it to capture, but
the interface requires too much switching around to make editing smooth.
As a veteran of Final Cut Pro, I know this! Believe it or not, editing
with glav on the mjpegtools is quicker, but it only takes mjpegs. Ouch.
Is there anything out that will convert dv to mjpeg? The old dv2jpg
script is defunct. The SMILUtils piped into lav utilities doesn't work.
I don't think transcode writes to mjpeg (divx only, I think). Maybe
adding libdv support to the mjpegtools is the best answer. Sounds like a
lot of work.