[MPlayer-users] xvid and Divx5 in the same mplayer?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Feb 3 02:32:29 CET 2003

Brian Hall wrote:
> Got it fixed.
>
> I had to remove _all_ traces of divx4/5 from /usr/local (header files
> and divx4/5 libraries); then rebuild mplayer with
>
> ./configure --enable-largefiles --disable-gcc-checking
> --disable-freetype --disable-xvid --disable-divx4linux
>
> to keep it from trying to use divx and to use libavcodec instead. I can
> now play divx4, divx5, and xvid encoded video via mplayer + libavcodec.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Huh, for some reason the mailer didn't set the reply-to header.
Here's what I accidentally sent to Brian Hall instead of the list:
---

Ok. FYI, if you want to force libavcodec playback, use either
-vc ffodivx or -vfm ffmpeg (not -vc ffmpeg: that doesn't work).

You should also be able to compile mplayer with both DivX5 and
libavcodec support. When you run ./configure with DivX5 libraries
present, is libavcodec enabled? Look for something like this, near the
bottom:

Enabled optional drivers:
     Input: streaming edl tv cdda dvdcss mpdvdkit2 vcd
     Codecs: qtx divx5linux libdv libavcodec real xanim dshow/dmo win32
libvorbis libmad gif

If you don't see libavcodec listed, look at the rest of the output of
./configure, or search configure.log to see why it gets disabled.

-COrey