[MPlayer-users] Errors when running gmplayer command

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Feb 2 17:21:01 CET 2003

On Sunday, 02 February 2003, Thomas Hulslander wrote:
> Upon running $ gmplayer from a command line I get the following:
[...]
> New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
> Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
> subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
>
> It looks to me like files are missing and/or permissions are incorrect.
> Can anyone offer suggestions?

Yes. You need to put your own font file supported by freetype (a TTF or
Type1 font will do) at the above location, or install one of the font RPMs.

I see this is a problem. I guess I'll have to include some font(s) in next
release. Can anyone suggest a freely distributable font(s) for
inclusion?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/