[MPlayer-users] Re: Fwd: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] -ovc rawrgb is broken! [BUG]

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Sun Feb 2 05:32:57 CET 2003

Balatoni Denes writes:
 :: ----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
 ::
 :: Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] -ovc rawrgb is broken! [BUG]
 :: Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 23:48:29 +0100
 :: From: Balatoni Denes <pnis at coder.hu>
 :: To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
 ::
 :: Hi!
 ::
 :: So for now Dean could solve this problem by using
 :: convert  -size 200x87 tile:00000010.png -fill red -draw "rectangle 160,0 \
 :: 200,200" teszt.png
 ::
 :: or something like that ?
 ::
 :: On 2003. február 1. 22:02, D Richard Felker III wrote:
 :: > On -users, Dean Messing has been reporting problems using -ovc rawrgb
 :: > with mencoder. I looked into the problem, and as I suspected, it's an
 :: > issue with the odd image width he was using. For the original posts,
 :: > see:
 ::
 :: Denes

Thanks to D Richard Felker III's offline help, I have now got a workaround
for my \*.png --> .avi problem.

Encode with:

 mencoder -mf on:type=png:fps=60:w=328:h=407 -vop \*.png -ovc rawrgb -o test.avi

Note the change from w=325 (true width) to w=328.  This put a 3 pixel
black stripe on right hand side of sequence (which I can live with).

Windoze media player also plays the sequence!

>From what I understand, the non-divisibility by 4 of the old width was
causing my problems ... a BUG to be sure!  From now until the bug is
fixed I'll generate the .png files so that 4|width.

I suppose the 328 width dimension doesn't confuse mencoder because it
gets the real dimensions from the .png files themselves (all are
325x407).

But this is all still Black Magick to me, what with the bazillion and
one commandline options and all the sub-options of sub-options of
sub-options.  Oh well.  I'm happy I have it working.

Thanks, again, Richard!

                             Dean S. Messing
                             Display Algorithms & Visual Optimization Lab
                             Information Systems Technologies Dept.
                             Sharp Laboratories of America