[MPlayer-users] encoding with xvid does not honor bitrate argument?!

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Sat Feb 1 19:34:44 CET 2003

> Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 02:15:38 +0100
> From: Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>
> To: mplayer-users at mplayer.dev.hu
> Subject: [MPlayer-users] encoding with xvid does not honor bitrate argument?!
> Message: 10
>

> Hi!
>
> I have the following problem: I want to encode a set of .vob as follows:
> cat *.vob | mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1600:pass=1 -v -sid 0 -

  pass=1 means it will encode file to max. quality (for statistics) and will use this statistics in 2nd pass - and only there bitrate parameter will be used,
   if you want only single pass leave out the pass=1 part of xvidopts

  btw file created with pass=1 may safely go to -o /dev/null (encoding will be a bit faster)