[MPlayer-users] audio slightly off (sync?)...

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Feb 1 07:01:20 CET 2003

christopher j bottaro wrote:
> Clip info:
>  Software: MEncoder CVS-030128-18:58-3.2
>
> its pretty new, just like 3 days old.  the problem still persists, and i'm
> finding more and more dvd's that encode to divx's with 200-300ms audio
> delays.  the dvd's playback perfectly with mplayer, but once encoded to divx,
> i have to specify mplayer's -delay option.  does it have anything to do with
> telecine?  i'm not sure, but the problem seems to occur when i get those
> automatic telecine detection messages when encoding.

Actually, I just ran into a DVD for which I have that problem. See my
thread "BUG: mencoder dvd sync". Audio is ~100ms behind the video if
encoded with a new version, but synched perfectly with an old version
Other DVDs I've tried since then seem to work OK, though.

So far, nobody's responded to me :(

-Corey