[MPlayer-users] recoding script for DVD/SVCD/VCD

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 31 22:34:38 CET 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:09:30 +0100
Martin Emrich <martin at emmerator.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I have written a small (or not so small) script to encode video files
> (everything MPlayer reads) to (hopefully) DVD/VCD/SVCD compliant
> MPEG videos, including multiple audio tracks, etc.:
>
> 	http://www.emmes-world.de/linux/recode/index.htm
>
> Maybe someone will find it useful. (I LOVE MPlayer, no more need
> for slow mpeg2enc ;-)

Hmm...  I looked through it, and saw a few things that look wrong.
Mainly, you seem to use a keyint of 132 for all three (DVD/SVCD/VCD)...
I also don't see anything in there to rescale the video to VCD/SVCD
sizes.

I would also consider using perl overkill.  I do the same things with a
much simpler shell-script.