[MPlayer-users] Mozilla mplayer plugin

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Dec 30 13:34:32 CET 2003

mplayer 1.0pre3, CVS mplayerplug-in. All codecs, no font problems.

Newbie here. I realize this question puts me in the "dumb" class. Read
the FAQs, docs, HOWTOs, compiled my own stuff from CVS (works, as such),
can use mplayer and gmplayer - and they're great, thanks.

All I want, is via a 56k2 modem connection to view Windows Media Player
streams, under Gnome 2/Linux, with Mozilla 1.4.1 and not have to boot
#¤%/&¤# Windows to do that. This is from a Norwegian site
(www.nrk.no/hordaland - Vestlandsrevyen).

Because of my modem connection I have to have a small screen (say x=500
pixels, y=400). I have mplayer in Moxilla run noembed=1, so I run a
separate frame for it - it works up to that point. But I can't reduce
the size of the frame, which is "loose" within the Mozilla browser
frame.

Mplayer works, gmplayer works, if I point them at the .wmf sources - but
that's not what I want. I want the plugin :)

'strings  mplayerplug-in.so' *seems* to indicate that I should be able
to use screenw=500 screenh=400 in mplayerplug-in.conf, but that doesn't
work, 'x=500 y=500' doesn't work, nada works. However, things that
aren't necessarily in the plugin HOWTO - that I read from the mplayer
manpage - *do* work, like setting my max bitrate (I have
'bandwidth=35000' and that does work).

Anybody any idea? My present mplayerplug-in.conf (with #'ed things
removed):

debug=0
logfile=$HOME/.mplayer/mpp.log
vo=xv,x11