[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer Menu with dxr3 card

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Dec 29 20:41:34 CET 2003

Hi Ulrich,

on Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:25:48 +0100 you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi!
>
> I am currently testing a box equipped with a dxr3 card and mplayer.
> If the -menu option is used, mplayer gets really slow - the menu is
> working but the movie or the file is stuttering so it cannot be watched
> anymore. Is the Menu converted in some format, mixed with the playing
> file and then decoded by the dxr3 card or is it another 'bug' why it is
> soooo slow?

It is so slow bcs the video must be decoded, filtered (here to draw the
menus) and encoded again to mpg before it can be sent to the dxr3. You
probably need a quiet fast box to get that working at decent speed.

	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.