[MPlayer-users] Low human voice in DVD playback

Wei Chong weichong78 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 16:31:52 CET 2003

Hi all,

Excuse my newbieness.
I have been searching the answer for this issue via
google and also IRC, both on mplayer and xine but it
seemed that my knowledge has limited my ability to
comprehend the information and help I get.
So, please bear with me...

I have a 2 way speaker (2 speaker, 1 woofer, 1 jack to
my soundcard audio out).
Whenever I play DVD, the background sound such as
chopper flying and gunshot is pretty clear, however
human conversation is so low in volume, I can't
comprehend the whispering.
My system runs on a Redhat 8.0 pre-installed kernel
with OSS driver.
Due to other dependency in the system, I hope to get a
solution without recompiling my own kernel with ALSA
driver.  However, if that is the only solution, please
enlighten me.

Thank you in advanced.

Wei Chong.