[MPlayer-users] MEncoder problem with 1.0pre3, audio track too fast WORKAROUND/FIX :)

Karl Wood mplayer at shevek.f9.co.uk
Sun Dec 28 16:34:03 CET 2003

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2003-December/017624.html

Undo this patch (by commenting out the extra lines) and you will find
that mplayer/mencoder 1.0pre3 no longer plays/encodes the audio track
of Quicktime movies at double speed.

These are the relevant lines to comment out, numbers 35 and 36

       // sh_audio->ds->ss_div= sh_audio->samplesize;
       // sh_audio->ds->ss_mul= sh_audio->samplesize * sh_audio->channels;

Be careful when trying this out, make sure you

change  MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs/ad_pcm.c
delete  MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs/ad_pcm.o
make in MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs/
make in MPlayer-1.0pre3/

If you want to undo my changes (just in case I screwed up and only
found out after posting this to the mailing list):

tar xvjf MPlayer-1.0pre3.tar.bz2 MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs/ad_pcm.c

then

delete  MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs/ad_pcm.o
make in MPlayer-1.0pre3/libmpcodecs/
make in MPlayer-1.0pre3/

Now I can try out the cool new features like -vo zr2 (I hope)

Only thing that worries me is that the patch I propose to undo was
submitted for good reason I guess. Comments?