[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer wont play a dvd

en ne lttlstrwbrr at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 28 14:25:26 CET 2003

Sorry but it can be that the DVD is broken.

first because it happened now with a second dvd, while
others work
second cause one of the dvds was tried on another
dvdplayer and worked
third cause one of the dvds that dont work was brand
new

How about the bup files? (Essentially I was interested
in ripping with transcode) How can mplayer read em?
should I mount?

Btw, I tried connecting the device to the usb1 port..
same prob, so it hasn t to do with the experimental
kernel support for usb2.

Can it be that it has to do with the region? (It
should all be PAL). In case how do I make sure?

Any clue?

On Sunday 28 December 2003 02:31, Tobias Diedrich
wrote:
DOCS/bugreports.html]

> en ne wrote:
> > I am trying to play thru a dvd/cdrw which works
with
> > other dvds. Its an ide dvd in an usb2 case, the
usb2
> > goes to a pcmcia card. I dont think that this
could be
> > a problem (have no troubles with other dvds or
burning
> > cds etc.).
> > Though, if in the messages I find:
> >

> > Dec 27 15:08:16 wolfolo kernel:  I/O error: dev
0b:00,
> > sector 7689592
>
> Your DVD is broken/scratched and the drive can't
read it.