[MPlayer-users] hello

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 27 15:42:32 CET 2003

Quoting Rosesgarden58 at aol.com (Rosesgarden58 at aol.com):
> iam writing for your help if you can help me with my problem with a vcd movie
> i have the problem is the movie will not play in the dvd at my house it dont
> play on my playstation computer i have what program do i need to run it or
> make it work also i dont have a dvd player im my computer i think this compact
> disk is in code i bought it on line in a foriegn courty thanks for your help

Doesn't bugreports.html say something like "bug reports should contain
punctuation"? Maybe it should.

Anyway, if you have an actual standard VCD, and your DVD player supports the
playback of VCDs, then it should be able to play it back. mplayer should be
able to playback even non-stardard VCDs using a commandline like "mplayer
vcd://1" and a normal CDROM drive. I've never actually played a VCD with
mplayer, but I've done it with xine, so I can confirm that it works. I've also
played VCDs on Windows by just opening the .dat files in Windows Media player,
but that was along time ago and Microsoft may have broken it in the meantime.

AFAIK there is no such thing as an encrypted VCD.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England