[MPlayer-users] DVD playback for two way speaker

Wei Chong weichong78 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 04:36:05 CET 2003

Hi,

I am having problem to play DVD movies.
My two (actually three, including the woofer) way
speaker would give relatively loud volume for
background sound such as gunshots or choppers.
However, the human conversation is very soft and low
in volume.  I am facing the same problem when playing
those DVDs with Ogle.
I have read many discussion on these which touch the
topics on 5.1 and others, but I guess my newbieness
doesn't allow me to comprehend much of them.
I would appreciate any help on how to pull up the
human conversation volume and the theory behind it.
I have tried -ao oss -aop volume,volnorm:volume=255
but it doesn't help pulling up the human voice volume.

Thanks,
WeiChong.