[MPlayer-users] Error messages when encoding HDTV

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Thu Dec 25 16:35:53 CET 2003

> > > size restrictions for MP at ML or MPEG1 exceeded! (1920x1088).000 [834:102]

> I think it's exeeding MPEG1 limits, as they are quite low

That's what I gathered, but why would it print this when it's an MPEG-2
stream?  Unless it means that it's either exceeding MPEG1 specs or MPEG-2's
MP at ML specs?

I don't know whether this message causes any frames to be skipped though (my
computer is waaay to slow to decode HDTV in realtime, and the resolution is
too high for the xv overlay of my GF2 anyway) so I guess as long as all the
frames are displayed it wouldn't matter.  Does anyone who has a fast enough
PC know whether any frames are dropped?

Cheers,
Adam.