[MPlayer-users] SVCD from TV card

Torsten Römer troemer at swipnet.se
Thu Dec 25 14:40:40 CET 2003

rcooley wrote:

 > Well, there could be many reasons for that...  If it is a feature that
 > you need, you should submit a bug report.  I can say from experience
 > that playing similar files (with mplayer) has worked fine.

It's only this SVCD created from the mpeg2 stream in the mpeg1 container
that MPlayer doesn't like so much.

The Vcdimager docs contains the following warning:

"Warning: Padding the MPEG streams causes the bit-rate at which the data
is read to be increased, this may lead to undesirable effects"

Maybe this is why MPlayer has a bit problems?

Anyway, MPlayer really plays almost about anything. If I create SVCD's
in the right way, it plays them fine as well.