[MPlayer-users] How to pause mencoder

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Dec 25 12:32:47 CET 2003

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 12:43:06 +1000
Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> I think the problem is that Linux doesn't seem to have a true idle priority
> scheduler (although I've seen interesting conversations about the possibility
> of this in newer kernel versions.)

It's not a problem with process scheduling, that's done rather well
(at least in 2.4, dont know about 2.6), but the problem is the
PC architecture which has a poor I/O system that blocks everything
and Linux which has problem handling big I/O loads.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu