[MPlayer-users] Why not make an installer?

anton anton_melser at paradise.net.nz
Tue Dec 23 08:39:48 CET 2003

>>I don't know much about the other distros but e.g. SuSE can't include most
>>codecs due to licensing issues. That is why an easy to install codec add-on
>>packs would be good (perhaps even featuring an installation script).
>>

>Yes, they all fear legal issues because they are a comercial entity
>with a well known address.

While I know mdk 9.2 has had a LOT of failings (far fewer for 9.0-9.1,
which are still great), in fact they do EXACTLY what you want, in the
form of the PLF. All the "not quite legal in the United States" codecs
and what-have-you all in a convenient rpm, just a click away. All the
dependencies taken care of, just wait for your modem to do the business.
They even had 1.0pre2 ready about 2-3 weeks after it appeared. I may be
switching to a more "manly" distribution soon (it just does a few too
many things I can't work out...) but IMHO it beats even Doze for ease of
use IF IT IS SET UP PROPERLY BEFORE THE END-USER GETS IT.

>Well, if i would thing like that i would just ignore you.
>
>			Attila Kinali

Like I'm being ignored?

;-77
Anton