[MPlayer-users] [Mplayer Feature] LibAscii Color

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Fri Dec 19 20:26:18 CET 2003

>I don't know if it plan but It will be great if somebody can developp a new Video output like -vo aacolor with this libcaca :)
>It will be great.

You can already use libcaca with MPlayer through the sdl vo driver if
you recompile SDL with libcaca support (you'd need the patch from the
libcaca site).
I tried it and it worked but the quality seemed to me very poor  :-(
Probably at this stage libcaca may be only useful to convert simple
colored images, not for any complex moving image.

Bye,
 Roberto