[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 1.0pre3 RPMs extra dependency

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Dec 17 21:20:12 CET 2003

On Wednesday, 17 December 2003 at 20:16, Andre Robatino wrote:
>   Upon attempting to upgrade from pre2 to pre3, I get the dependency
> message:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libmp3lame.so.0 is needed by mplayer-1.0pre3-1
>         libmp3lame.so.0 is needed by mplayer-gui-1.0pre3-1

Hmm. Interesting, I have no idea why this has appeared and I haven't
noticed it, since I have lame-libs installed. Let's see... mplayer is
being linked against libmp3lame by the build process, so it's not my
fault. Still, it shouldn't be there. I'm looking into it.

>   The download page still claims that only the mplayer* packages are
> needed, so it should either state explicitly that the extra package is
> also needed, or it should be included in the mplayer* RPMs.

This dependency shouldn't be there in the first place.

> Also, will there be athlon-specific RPMs later?

Probably not, unless I get more requests than one.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html