[MPlayer-users] Tools for mpeg* to DVD

HR haavroed at online.no
Tue Dec 16 19:32:48 CET 2003

> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of rcooley
[...]
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:06:39 +0100
> Danny Bogaards <danny at boware.nl> wrote:
[...]
> > The main work is done with transcode:
> > transcode -V -y mpeg2enc,mp2enc -E 48000 -F8 -w 8000 -b 128
> > -export_asr 2 -i input.avi -o output mplex -f 8 -o output.mpg
> > output.mpa output.m2v
>
> First off, why not use ffmpeg's mpeg2 codec for encoding.
> Results just
> as good as mpeg2enc, but many many times faster.
>
> I would also recomend toolame instead of mp2enc...  Even the
> mjpeg-tools
> authors recomend using it instead.
Could you give a specific example of how to make a DVD with ffmpeg and
toolame (and tcmplex)? I can figure out some methods myself, ofcourse,
but if you've already done it and made working DVD's you might save some
of us a bunch of demoralizing trial-and-error.

> > When there is a slight AV desync, I re-run the mplex command with:
> > "-O -100" appended to it, to correct -100ms desync. If I encounter
> > desync, I never have more desync then +100mS ..... -100mS
>
> I would suggest tcmplex over mplex.
Someone recently suggested dvb-mplex over mplex... Exactly why do you
recommend tcmplex over the other two (so far) options?

HR