[MPlayer-users] mplayer in slave mode

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Dec 16 04:43:46 CET 2003

Theo Beisch wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> Using Mplayer (0.92 - fresh built from the just downloaded source) with

Actually, 0.92 is really old, and considered obsolete as far as any
development is concerned. Try out 1.0pre3 or the latest CVS and see if
your problem still exists.

> crashes Mplayer with the following message:
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: key_events
> - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
>   Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
>   disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
>   version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html
>   and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
>   provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

If your problem is still there with 1.0pre3, I would ask you: "Does
mplayer crash when you play the file directly, without slave?" If so,
read
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html

> I am just starting to use Mplayer and I realize this may be an RTFM to my
> account, however so far I could not find docs regarding the "loadfile"
> command. Maybe somone can help before I dig deeper and provide all the debug
> relevant infos per the readme.

Have you looked at /path/to/mplayer/source/DOCS/tech/slave.txt ? It
doesn't say anything unexpected about loadfile, but it's the right
document to look at, anyway.

> Thanks ahead...
> Theo

No problem.