[MPlayer-users] MPlayer consumes 30% of my Athlon XP 2200! plz help help lower this!

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Dec 15 23:13:17 CET 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:31:34 -0500
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't aware that people actually _use_ the junky
> onboard sound. Last I checked, most onboard chipsets also had the
> stereo channels backwards in half the modes and had horrible audio
> quality.
If you have a junky motherboard, you are certain to have junky on-board
sound.  The on-board sound on the Asus/MSI motherboards I have is
actually as good as a moderately priced soundcard.  I'm usually forced
to use a normal sound card because of driver problems, but that's
not the fault of the hardware.