[MPlayer-users] Online streaming: Quicktime + "Bad" sound

Jeroen dystopia at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 15 11:11:05 CET 2003

Oi,

While MS Windows users w/Quicktime do get a sound on the following URL
i either get none OR some low volume, stammering "distorted" sound
OR only on 1 box: the right one. On Windows/MacOSX Quicktime
can be used to play it. Therefore i assume this is MPEG4/Quicktime.
Though my guess is libavcodec is used.

I've had various other problems ranging from firewall till crashes.
Not sure why it crashed after a few seconds of playing the video.
But... video works now. I'm also writing a tutorial for debalie.nl
and MPlayer + Linux (+alternatives) so Linux users can easily get it
working. However as i pointed out i'm stuck myself, regarding the sound.

Is this a bug? How come? Does it work for others? I'm eager to know.

mplayer rtsp://mediaserver.debalie.nl/debalie.sdp
to use RTSP over UDP
mplayer -rtsp-stream-over-tcp rtsp://mediaserver.debalie.nl/debalie.sdp
to use RTSP over TCP (for behind firewall or with broken connection)

To play, one needs live.com support (--with-live).
For the record, i am using MPlayer 1.03pre3 with about all codecs
installed...

Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,
Jeroen

PS: not sure wether this stream is 24/7 or not.

--

100% Microsoft free. You could be too!