[MPlayer-users] [BUG] ogm-subtitle detection and numbering

Giacomo Perale g.perale at tin.it
Fri Dec 12 12:48:01 CET 2003

The Wanderer wrote:

> This is intentional; if you don't say you want subtitles, it's assumed
> that you want none. It would be possible to make subtitles be on
> automatically if present, defaulting to whichever stream is first in
the
> file, but then it would require a commandline option to turn them off
> *and* still require a commandline option to select any other than the
> default text stream.

> I do think that the current setup is a little clunky, since you have
> play the file once with -v and skim through much irrelevant output in
> order to get a listing of stream IDs, but if I had any better ideas
I'd
> have suggested them by now.

I think that previous method was better: subtitles started automatically
and 'v' key disabled them.
no -v option, no skim through lines and lines of output, just press 'v'
to choose. now 'v' signals "subtitles enabled" or "subtitles disabled"
and nothing changes.

--
Whatever you do, don't tell anyone