[MPlayer-users] Problem With Gmplayer

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Fri Dec 12 00:15:39 CET 2003

Patrick Twohig wrote:
> This is sort of a minor problem, yet still very annoying.  Basically,
> what is happening, is that my right mouse button doesn't work at all on
> gmplayer.  It makes it very difficult to quickly select a chapter or
> title.  Has anybody else had a problem with this?  And if so, has
> anybody got any ideas as to how to rectify this?

I have EXACTLY this same problem and all my posts to the lists have been
barely answered (a credit to the one person who attempted to help) or
ignored totally, which seems to indicate that either nobody cares about
the GUI and isn't using it, or the GUI is unmaintained but nobody has
bothered to remove it from the source package.

Anyway, my right button doesn't work either, which means that half the
features are unavailable (and yes, Lukasz, the middle button does work,
but that menu is not complete, so it doesn't do me any good). The skin
menu works, the GTK menu seems to be busted.

I appreciate Mplayer a great deal, and I don't mind using it from the
command line, but for some things a GUI is useful. What's there seems to
be stable, but this problem is very frustrating and if nobody cares
enough about it to address it or keep the package maintained (I would,
were I developer), then perhaps it should be removed or at least tagged
as only partially functional until it's "ready for prime-time", so to speak.

-Stephen-