[MPlayer-users] Re: Mandrake 9.2 contrast problem

Goetz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Dec 11 11:32:56 CET 2003

Am Mi 10 Dez 2003 17:12:04 GMT schrieb Dean S. Messing:
>     [root at cortex root]# xvattr -a XV_BRIGHTNESS -v 24
>     Found Xv 2.2
>     X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>       Major opcode of failed request:  142 (XVideo)
>       Minor opcode of failed request:  13 ()
>       Serial number of failed request:  11
>       Current serial number in output stream:  12

This must be a problem with your graphics driver, the command works
fine on both my Radeon 9100 and Matrox G450 board.

I had some bad experience with NVidia as well, my TNT didn't even list
XV_BRIGHTNESS as a supported attribute for xvattr, so all my movies
were too dark.
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of